The Analog Four is the best of two worlds. The power of analog synthesis is enhanced with precise Elektron sequencing for a machine par excellence. This is an analog synthesizer for the modern age.
The Analog Four is a four voice analog synthesizer. Analog oscillators and filters ensure the most organic sounds imaginable and the Elektron step sequencer caters for the innovative sound control. With sequencer features like parameter locks and variable length per track, intricate Analog Four compositions can be created quickly and efficiently. Add the completely new and incredibly well-crafted effects to the mix and experience the next chapter in analog sounds. It just sounds right.
Not only a splendid sound making device, the Analog Four can also make other gear sing. Thanks to the CV/Gate and DIN sync outputs, legacy analog gear can be controlled in great detail. Sequencer features like arpeggiators and parameter locks will breathe new life in old equipment and make any modular synthesizer rig truly come alive.
Live performance features are aplenty. The special performance mode gives direct access to user-defined parameters and direct pattern change makes it possible to change patterns at any sequencer step. The arpeggiator can be instantly toggled on or off for swirling melody lines. Improvising when playing live has never been this easy. The Analog Four was born for the stage.
The effects section of the Analog Four has been constructed from the ground up and is a perfect match for the strong analog tones. Use the Wideshift Chorus, Saturator Delay and Supervoid Reverb for situating sounds in acid cathedrals, the deepest abysses and head-spinning rotating rooms or for simply adding a final, subtle, audio finish.
Dual filter force
Each synth voice features two separate analog filters. The 4-pole lowpass ladder filter and 2-pole multi-mode filter are incredible tools when shaping sounds. To add more sonic crunch, the filter section also contains a fully analog overdrive circuit. The saturation can range from gentle warming to total destruction.
Total Sound Control
The critically acclaimed Elektron step sequencer gives unprecedented control over synth and FX parameters. Create patterns and songs with ease and use parameter locks to lock track parameters to specific values. It is even possible to change synth patches per sequencer step; an unbeatable method when creating expressive patterns. The dedicated track, of course featuring parameter locks, sending CV/Gate signals is perfect for sequencing external analog instruments.
All the ports necessary to incorporate the Analog Four in a modern studio are at hand. A headphone output, two main outputs, two external inputs, two dual CV/Gate outputs, a USB port and MIDI IN/OUT/THRU ports featuring DIN sync out means the Analog Four can communicate with everything from legacy instruments and modular synthesizers to computers.
• 4 synth tracks
• 1 FX track
• 1 CV/Gate track
• 128 patterns
• Up to 64 step per pattern
• 128 Sounds
• 128 Kits
• 16 Songs
• 6× arpeggiators
• Individual track lengths
• Swing, slide and accent functions
• Track transpose
• Micro timing
• Parameter locks
• Live friendly Performance mode
• Sound-per-step change
• Instant Pattern, Kit and Sound reload
• Full real-time control
• Full MIDI support
• Wideshift Chorus
• Saturator Delay
• Supervoid Reverb
Synth voice features (×4)
• Fully analog signal path
• 2× analog oscillators
• Variable waveshape on all waveforms
• Oscillator AM and Sync modes
• 2× sub-oscillators
• 1× noise generator
• 1× 4-pole analog lowpass ladder filter
• 1× 2-pole analog multi-mode filter
• 1× analog overdrive circuit
• Filter feedback
• 2× assignable LFOs
• 1× dedicated vibrato LFO
• 2× dedicated waveshape LFOs
• 1× amp envelope
• 2× assignable envelopes
• 2× dedicated LFO fade envelopes
• 1× dedicated noise fade envelope
• 1× dedicated vibrato envelope
• 1× dedicated autobend envelope
• 122×32 pixel backlit LCD
• MIDI In/Out/Thru with DIN Sync Out
• 2 × 1/4″ impedance balanced audio out jacks
• 2 × 1/4″ audio in jacks
• 1 × 1/4″ stereo headphone jack
• 2 × 1/4″ dual CV/Gate outputs
• 48 kHz, 24-bit D/A and A/D converters
• Flash-EEPROM upgradable OS
• USB 2.0 port
Balanced Audio Outputs
• Headphones out level: +19dBu (55 Ω )
• Main outputs level: +19dBu
• Output impedance: 440 Ω unbalanced
Unbalanced Audio Inputs
• Input level: +19dBu maximum
• Audio input impedance: 9 k Ω
• Digital S/N Ratio: 102dBFS (20-20.000Hz)
• Unit power consumption: 14 W typical, 24 W maximum.
• Recommended power supply: 12 V DC, >2 A
• Sturdy steel chassis
• Dimensions: W340×D176×H63mm (13.4×6.9×2.4″) (including, audio outputs, knobs and rubber feet)
• Weight: approximately 2.35 kgs (5.18 lbs)