The ES-8 is a USB 2.0 class-compliant audio interface in a Eurorack module, with DC-coupled inputs and outputs that can be used for both CVs and audio. As such it is directly compatible with all popular computer-based CV generation software (e.g. Silent Way, Max/MSP, Reaktor, CV Toolkit, zMors, etc.) as well as audio and CV processing iOS apps.
The ES-8 also has ADAT inputs & outputs. This could be used for example to expand the output count via an Expert Sleepers ES-3 and/or ES-6, or to connect a traditional audio interface to add, say, mic preamps or 1/4" line outputs.
An expansion header allows connection of an Expert Sleepers ES-5, to which in turn you can connect our gate, CV and MIDI expanders.
The ES-8 has a high quality internal clock, and it can optionally sync to the clock from the input ADAT signal.
The ES-8's specifications are as follows:
• Panel width: 8HP
• Module depth: 50mm
• Current draw: 198mA on the +12V rail, 52mA on the -12V rail (at 96kHz)
• USB socket: Type B
• Driver suport: class-compliant USB 2.0 (no Windows support currently)
• Channel count: 12 in, 16 out
• Supported sample rates: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz
• Audio sample depth: 24 bit
• Output connections: 8x 3.5mm TS jacks, DC-coupled
• Maximum output voltage: approximately ±10V DC
• Analogue inputs: 4x 3.5mm TS jacks, DC-coupled
• Input voltage range: approximately ±10V
• Digital I/O: 1x ADAT input, 1x ADAT output
• Expansion headers: 1 for ES-5, 1 for ES-6
The front panel is drilled for both Doepfer and Analogue Systems mounting holes (using a 'slot' rather than a single round hole). The power connector is a Doepfer standard 16 way IDC, with -12V furthest from the top of the board.