PREORDER FOR MAKE NOISE MIMEOPHON.
THE MODULE IS EXCPECTED LATE AUGUST/EARLY SEPTEMBER.
The Mimeophon music synthesizer module is a stereo, multi-zone color audio repeater by Make Noise and soundhack, coded by Tom Erbe.
The Mimeophon (from Greek mimeo (repeat/copy) and phon (sound)) is a modern take on various historical sound copying, echo and repeating devices. It allows for Stereo modulations of Time, Space and Timbre of Mono or Stereo sound sources. The Mimeophon is capable of modulating and morphing time scales of repeated sound from micro-sound to note to phrase length while also coloring and spatializing the repeats.
• Full stereo in and out
• Color Coded Modeless Algorithm: morph between Karplus, Flange, Chorus, Echo, Looping and everything in between
• Rate continuously controls Repeats frequency within Zones
• Skew lets Rate control Repeats differently for Left and Right channels
• μRate offers dedicated Doppler Modulation
• Tempo Sync for Doppler Free modulation of Rate, create complex repeat patterns
• Control number of Repeats up to and beyond Infinite
• Halo smears Repeats in stereo space
• Color focuses feedback energy for timbral shifts over time
• Rate Out generates Pulses at Skewed Tempos, completing the conversation within the modular system
• Zones may be Flipped for backward repeats
• Hold sound for non-destructive modulation of infinite loops
• Fully Voltage Controlled Time, Space and Color modulation algorithm