The Expert Sleepers ES-2 CV/Audio Interface is a Eurorack module designed for use with software such as Expert Sleepers Silent Way. It takes as inputs CVs from your analogue synths/effects on 3.5mm jacks, and outputs audio signals on 1/4" jacks which you connect to your computer audio interface. You then use the Silent Way CV Input plug-in to interpret the audio signal and output CVs in your DAW for recording, processing etc.
There is currently one variant of the ES-2, the ES-2-2, which has two inputs and two outputs. (There may one day be, for example, an ES-2-8.)
The ES-2-2's specifications are as follows:
* Panel width: 4HP
* Module depth: 26mm
* Input connections (CV from synth): 3.5mm jack sockets
* Output connections (to audio interface): impedance-balanced 1/4" TRS jack sockets
* Maximum input voltage: approximately ±11V DC
* Maximum output signal: approximately 0 dBV
* Input impedance: effectively infinite (FET buffer)
* Output impedance: 100 Ohms
The front panel is drilled for both Doepfer and Analogue Systems mounting holes (using a 'slot' rather than a single round hole). The power connector is a Doepfer standard 16 way IDC, with -12V furthest from the top of the board.