The ES-9 is a Eurorack 16-in/16-out USB audio interface, with DC-coupled inputs and outputs that can be used for both audio and CVs.
With its balanced 1/4" main outputs & headphone socket, it's the perfect one-stop solution for integrating a modular synth and a laptop/tablet, either in the studio or when playing out at a gig. The ES-9's 14 analogue inputs allow simultaneous tracking or mixing of a large number of sound sources in your modular, while the 8 DC-coupled outputs are perfect for controlling the modular with Silent Way, Max/MSP, Ableton's CV Tools, Bitwig Studio or similar, or for sending audio out to the modular for processing.
For even more outputs (up to 48 more), the ES-9 can be expanded with the ES-5. It also has a pair of S/PDIF sockets for connecting other digital audio gear.
The ES-9's specifications are as follows:
• Panel width: 16HP
• Module depth (including power cable): 50mm
• Current draw: 451mA on the +12V rail, 133mA on the -12V rail (at 96kHz)
• USB socket: Type C
• Driver suport: class-compliant USB 2.0 (no driver required for macOS and iOS - Windows drivers provided for Windows 7, 8 & 10)
• Channel count: 16 in, 16 out
• Supported sample rates: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz
• Audio sample depth: 24 bit
• 8x 3.5mm TS jacks, DC-coupled, Maximum output voltage approximately ±10V
• 2x 1/4" TRS balanced jacks, AC-coupled (main outs)
• 1x 1/4" TRS stereo jack, DC-coupled (headphones)
• Analogue inputs:
14x 3.5mm TS jacks, DC-coupled, Input voltage range approximately ±10V
• Digital I/O: 1x S/PDIF input (TOSlink), 1x S/PDIF output (TOSlink)
• MIDI I/O: 1 input, 1 output (on breakout)
• Expansion headers: 1 for ES-5, 1 for MIDI breakout
• Panel controls: headphone volume
• Internal mixer: 8x8 crosspoint mixer