Analog coloring compressor module
• 100% analog signal path and sidechain feedforward compressor
• Unique (log based RMS) detector
• Output routed through a specially selected Edcor transformer with highly desirable saturation qualities.
Three carefully designed analog circuits to impose specific character on the output signal:
• TUBE adds non-linear distortion providing second order harmonics
• TAPE adds symmetrical distortion providing both even and odd harmonics
• XFRM modifies the transformer feedback circuit, giving a boost to low bass content
• All three color circuits can be engaged in any combination to react differently based on the input drive level and makeup gain
• Sidechain routed through a voltage controllable SVF filter with LP, BP and HP modes. A trimmer on the PCB allows you to adjust Q. This filter can be used independently of the rest of the module.
• External sidechain input allows triggering of the compressor with external sources.
• Link IN/OUT allows two Jellysquashers to be chained together for stereo operation.
• Full CV control of sidechain cutoff, threshold, ratio, attack time, release time, and makeup gain.
• Wet/Dry control allows for “New York” style compression where there is a blend of the dry and compressed output signal.
• LED bargraph with selectable display modes to view the signal level in VU or the gain reduction in dB.