DUAL WINDOW COMPARATOR
The window comparator is a very useful circuit building block that is common in general electronics, but rarely found in modular synths. While a regular comparator activates when the input signal voltage is higher than a threshold level, a window comparator checks if the voltage is between two levels (these form the 'window').
Compare 2 combines two such comparators and a logic section in 8 HP. The result is an advanced tool for extracting gates and pulses from analogue signals in Eurorack synths.
The detection windows are defined by the shift and size parameters, which can be varied using the knobs and CV inputs. Complementary gate outputs are available, with big three-colour LEDs showing each comparator's status.
All inputs are normalised from the left section to the right, but the two comparators can also be used completely independently. On the bottom, the outputs from both comparators are combined in various ways by the logic section, which also features LEDs.
You'll find a use for this truly multi-functional module in practically any patch, processing either CV or audio: complex rhythm generator, dual pulse width modulator, frequency multiplier/divider with PWM, digital ‘ring modulator’ with PWM, dynamic depth VCO synchronizer, voltage controlled swing, logic function array with adjustable thresholds... and many more applications waiting to be discovered!
• Two independent analogue window comparators with voltage controlled parameters.
• Multi-colour LEDs show status at a glance.
• Normalisation between comparators simplifies common patches.
• Complementary gate outputs for each comparator.
• Logic section which combines the comparator outputs into AND, OR, XOR and flip-flop ('FF') signals, with LEDs.
• Precision-milled 2 mm anodised aluminium front panel with high-resolution, non-erasable graphics.
• Bullet-proof design: polarised power header and MOSFET protection circuit.
• Includes 16-to-10-pin Eurorack power ribbon cable.
• Premium mounting hardware: black screws, black nylon washers and matching hex key.
• High-quality components and assembly; designed and made in Belgium.
8 HP | +12: 20 mA, −12: 15 mA