The KOMA Elektronik Poltergeist Analog Quadraphonic Audio Mixer / Panner / VCA. is unlike any other eurorack module that has previously existed. Previously you would need multiple modules from various manufacturers to achieve something similar to what we perceive as quadraphonic sound. But now with one single module, you can mix and control signals quadraphonically with complete control and beyond. Four channels each with it’s own VCA, plus a stereo auxiliary input, are mixed out to four separate outputs enabling the user to manipulate signals both stereophonically and quadraphonically in entirely new and ghostly ways with its 21 ins and outs, 48 analog SSM VCAs and unique hands-on mixing features.
With performance in mind when designing the Poltergeist, KOMA Elektronik included large Pan knobs for total control over the 360 degree range field. Also, clickless solo and mute buttons allow for effortless and instantaneous changes on the fly. Beyond these controls, you can also tailor your sound with extreme detail using functions such as Slope, Field and Origin. With just this mixer, some audio sources and a couple of LFOs, extremely complex sound design can be achieved.
• CV Inputs: Pan In, VCA In, Origin In, Slope In, Master Gain In
• Audio Inputs: Audio In, Auxilary Stereo Audio In
• Audio Outputs: Front L Audio Out, Front R Audio Out, Rear L Audio Out, Rear R Audio Out (switchable between Quad and two time Stereo)
• Channel Controls: Pan Attenuverter, VCA Attenuator, Field Control, Origin Control Attenuverter, Gain Control, Pan Control, Solo Button, Mute Button
• Master Controls: Master Origin Control Attenuverter, Slope Control, Quad-Stereo Select Switch, Master Gain Control
• Power Requirements:
Normal: +510mA on +12V, Peak: +580mA on 12V
Normal: -460mA on -12V, Peak: -490mA on -12V
• Casing: Powder coated aluminum 2mm frontpanel, silk screened printing
• Dimensions: 28HP, 3U , 54 mm deep
• Shipping Weight: 0,5 kg. / 1.1 lbs including instruction manual, ribbon cable, crews, washers