OUTBREAK is a very powerful MIDI-to-Euro interface with a massive number of 46 (!) jacks.
6 jacks are used for sequencer signals and clocks. The 3 clock outputs has individual clock dividers that scales down the incoming midi clock from 0 (off) to 63.
All the other jacks are used for the 8 voices in 6 different modes.
• Mono – up to 8 separate mono voices
• Unison – play 1 to 8 voices simultaneously
• Poly – polyphonic mode with up to 8 voices
• Cycle – Cycles the selected number of voices for each midi note
• Random – Same sa cycle but activates the voices randomly
• Drum – Each drum voice can trigger 3 drums, 2 with velocity and 1 without velocity. If you use all 8 voices for drums, you can trigger 8×3=24 drums…
Each voice has 5 jacks: 2 general purpose gate outputs, 1 gate out for the played midi-note, 1 CV for pitch and 1 CV for velocity.
All jacks and parameters can be controlled by MIDI-CC and/or MIDI-NRPN-messages. (Example templates exist for Ableton Max for Live).
The number of jacks and voices has been chosen based on the numerous 8 channel MIDI-control-boxes that exist on the market, for example KORG nanoKontrol2 that has 8 channels, each with 3 buttons (gates) and 2 knobs/sliders (CV). Using a MIDI-controller like this connected to your DAW, gives you 40+ eurorack outputs controllable live from your fingertips…
Each voice has an individual volume and a portamento-function.
The module has autotuning of the connected VCOs for each of the eight voices. An additional array of individual keytunings can also be attached to one of the eight voices. This can be used to control modules that do not respond to V/oct or if you want to make crazy key-tunings.
Depth: 28,5 mm
+12V: 72 mA (137 mA with all LED’s lit)
-12V: 42 mA