Veils provides four VCAs with an adjustable response curve and offset control.
Veils’ outputs are daisy-chained, allowing adjacent groups of 2, 3, or all 4 channels to be mixed together.
The cornerstones of modular patches VCAs are absolutely essential in a modular system, for example for:
• Shaping the amplitude or timbre of a tone with an envelope.
• Animating a mixture of several oscillators.
• Controlling the amount of filter modulation with a random source or a touch controller.
• Applying an envelope on the linear FM signal hitting an oscillator.
An updated classic
• More compact footprint (10-HP), with sliders instead of knobs for the main gain/CV control.
• Gain indicator LED.
• Positive offset control (0 to 8V) for direct use of bipolar modulation sources.
• All inputs DC-coupled.
• All inputs handle audio-rate signals.
• Input impedance: 100k for all inputs.
• Gain scale: a +5V CV translates to a gain of 1 (0dB), both in linear and in exponential mode.
• Large gains above +20dB (sufficient for amplifying line-level signals) achievable in exponential mode.
• Offset control adding an adjustable voltage from 0 to 8V to the gain CV.