Designed to provide a powerful, flexible sampling engine for modular synthesis, the ASSIMIL8OR Multi-Timbral Phase Modulation Sampler module is the latest incarnation of Dave Rossum’s decades-long pioneering of affordable professional sampling technology.
ASSIMIL8OR provides eight independent channels of sampling with sound quality that can range from extremely hi-fi to low fi, all with extensive real-time CV control.
Key ASSIMIL8OR features will include:
• Eight-channel multi-timbral operation. Each channel will be available from its own independent output as well as appearing in the stereo mix output.
• Superb 24-bit A/D and D/A conversion.
• Mono or stereo sampling. Channels can be configured as eight mono voices, four stereo voices, or any combination. (Well, any combination that adds up to eight).
• The ability to assign up to 8 samples to each channel and select between them in real time via CV.
• DC coupling through the signal path for sampling of control voltages.
• Unique timbral capabilities with the ability to phase modulate samples by external analog signals or by other samples (a first, we believe).
• Variable sample fidelity with independently selectable sample rate and bit depth.
• Real-time CV control of bit depth.
• Real-time CV control of aliasing (from virtually none to lots).
• Extensive sample manipulation and looping capabilities.
• Sample scrubbing under CV control.
• One-shot or gated sample playback with variable attack and release times.
• Gate/trigger inputs and CV inputs for each sample that can be assigned independently for each channel to virtually any sample parameter. Examples include:Pitch
• Bit Depth
• Phase Modulation
• Sample Start
• Sample Length
• Loop Start
• Loop Length
• Release Time
• A front panel accessible SD card for sample and preset storage.
• And a lot more…