The Sound Study Modular Midi 2 CV is a 4hp USB MIDI to CV and Gate converter. It has a bunch of different modes that it can operate on, like monophonic, duo monophonic, and many more!
The Midi 2 CV is class-compliant but uses an unusual USB setting (1ms poll-rate in low-speed mode) not well supported on Windows.
Optimal latency is obtained with OS X >= 10.6.3 ; iOS ; or Linux >= 2.6.
On other systems, the Midi 2 CV will work but messages will be delayed by up to 8ms.
• Monophonic with velocity
• Monophonic with velocity and square oscillator
• Dual monophonic
• CC conversion
• Monophonic with CC
• Quad triggers
• Quad gates
• Monophonic CVCVpalpalwith MIDI clock output
Range and standards:
• CV outputs: 0 to 4V, V/Oct (4 octaves).
• Gate outputs: Positive V-trig, ON = 5V ; OFF = 0V.
• Resolution: < 2mV.
• 8 points calibration curve for non-linearity compensation.
• Temperature dependency: +/- 2 cents within the 10° C to 80° C range.
• Output impedance: 220Ω (rule of thumb: 2 cents drop per connection to a CV input).
USB-bus powered, current draw < 20mA.