Edgecutter is an ADSR envelope that shows you what it is doing. The beauty of this module is the line of LEDs showing you where the envelope is at. Allowing you to connect what you see with what you hear and getting more visible timing input from your system.
We want to modulate all the things. Edgecutter comes with adjustable curvature so you can tweak the shape of your signal. The Attack, Decay, Sustain and Release parameters all have CV inputs and state/trigger outputs. This envelope contains everything – as far as we are concerned.
Walking the envelope is easy with the many features on our Edgecutter:
* The GATE is the input that starts and stops the envelope
* RETRIG restarts the A/D cycle while the GATE is open
* VELOCITY is an input to scale the peak of the envelope
* TRIGGER is an illuminated button that enables you to manually start/stop the envelope
* A D S R all have knobs and input jacks for CV modulation
* Along the envelope you have output jacks that can send triggers or gates for each state of the envelope – allowing you to VERY precisely chain events in your system
* With the MODE BUTTON you can select between three modes of operation
* One-shot mode – a short pulse goes through the entire envelope using the sustain level as an intermediate point
* Gate mode – after you open the gate the envelope goes through attack and decay and waits for you at sustain until you lower the gate
* Repeat mode – changes the sustain into a repeating A/D cycle
* Using the SPEED BUTTON you can select between a fast or a slow envelope. This changes everything by changing the mapping of the A/D/R parameters as a group.
* fast envelope
* slow envelope
* CURVATURE is the place where you can fade between exponential or logarithmic enveloping leading to different curvature or none at all. Turning your knob to the left creates a staggered attack and decay, turning the knob all the way right creates a staggered release.
* ENVELOPE OUTPUTS Both outputs send out the envelope but only the curved output passes on the results of your CURVATURE settings and has a signal indicator.
Depth: 20mm (skiff friendly)
Power usage +12V: 80mA
Power usage -12V: 2mA