The bitRanger is a patchable analog logic computer which sculpts sonic worlds ranging from data noise to melodic arpeggios. While being a handheld standalone synth it is also right at home in the music studio. Extensive connectivity makes it so flexible that it can connect to almost anything: CV control its unique sound, sync it with drum machines and sequencers or use it as an algorithmic CV / GATE pattern generator.
The patchbay of the bitRanger is a place for exploration where you can simply connect outputs to inputs to see what happens. This can be done methodically or with complete experimental abandon. Go nuts! Battery Power and a built in speaker make the bitRanger totally portable. Tweak it’s 4 knobs, 8 switches and more than 100 patch points in the woods, on the beach, on a train and in the studio.
• LFO clock oscillator for rhytmical modulation
• VCO oscillator is synced to the HFO oscillator
• 4 modes of operation selectable by 2 switches
• built in speaker with volume control
• 9V DC center positive power supply input
• 9V battery compartment from the bottom
• <20mA power draw on headphones, <60mA with speaker (minimum 20 hours on battery)
• On /Off switch
• expansion connector
• package includes 3 photo resistors – make your oscillators respond to light by plugging these into the Bend socket