The OWL Modular is a fully programmable digital audio device. With a sophisticated ARM Cortex M4 processor and plenty of memory, it delivers outstanding performance and audio quality.
The platform is entirely open source and remarkably easy to program. A growing community of patch developers have created a diverse library of more than 70 effects, including phasers, flangers, delays, reverbs, distortion, compression, filters, shifters, screamers, laughers…
Based on the successful OWL Pedal, the Modular adds CV control and DC-coupled inputs and outputs, while retaining full patch compatibility.
The OpenWareLaboratory combines several unique, powerful features:
• polyglot DSP (C++, FAUST and Pure Data patches can run on the same device)
• dynamic patch loading (no need to flash firmware)
• the same patch can run on the device, in a VST plugin, or a web browser
• cross-platform DSP library, easy to use yet highly optimised
The latest firmware includes 40 factory patches that you can easily change between without connecting a computer. Additional patches can be easily loaded from the online patch library.
• 8kHz to 96kHz sampling rate
• 24 bit stereo codec
• 3500 operations per sample @ 48kHz
Powerful STM32F4 microcontroller:
• 168MHz 32bit ARM Cortex M4
• 192Kb RAM, 1Mb Flash memory
• Integrated DSP, FPU, DMA
• 1Mb 10nS SRAM
• USB MIDI
• 2 audio inputs
• 2 audio outputs
• 5 CV inputs
• 1 gate/trigger in
• 1 gate/trigger out
• 1 USB Type B connector
• Width: 20HP / 101.30mm
• Height: 3U / 128.50mm
• Depth: 32mm
• Weight: 225g
• 16-pin Doepfer/Eurorack
• PTC fuse and diode protected
• +12v: 160mA
• -12v: 20mA
Note: The OWL Modular comes with a dedicated 5v regulator.