Built around two VCAs with a wide range of options including the most important one: the ability to musically colour the signal. Starting in dry mode, you get high-precision analogue amplification.
But then when you turn the Colour knob, you add a warmer and more colourful timbre to the signal based on a finely-crafted state variable filtering circuit. But there’s more: Simultaneous linear and exponential control as well as specialised AC and DC coupled inputs are provided.
A positive gain control makes the dvca1 a true “amplifier,” and flexible link modes let you create modulated panning. Specifications:
• True analogue high-end VCAs
• Optional colour control based on state variable filter technology
• CV-input for colour modulation
• Simultaneous linear and exponential control and CV inputs
• Additional gain control for adding up to +12dB
• Separate AC and DC coupled inputs for audio rsp. control signals
• Separate summing output combining both signals
• Link mode for parallel modulation of two signals
• Anti-parallel link option for panning effects